- Scaling limits of deep neural networks
- Numerical methods utilising neural networks
- Phase transitions in high-dimensional learning problems
- The KPZ universality class
B. Math, University of Waterloo, Canada
PhD, Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, New York University
Preprints & Publications
1. Hanin, B. and Nica, M. Finite Depth and Width Corrections to the Neural Tangent Kernel.
Preprint arXiv:1909.05989, 27 pages.
2. Dauvergne, D., Nica, M. and Virág, B. Uniform convergence to the Airy line ensemble. Preprint
arXiv:1907.10160, 48 pages.
3. Nica, M., Quastel, J. and Remenik, D. Solution of the Kolmogorov equation for TASEP.
Preprint arXiv:1906.01692, 12 pages. Submitted.
4. Hanin, B. and Nica, M. Products of Many Large Random Matrices and Gradients in Deep
Neural Networks. Preprint arXiv:1812.05994, 26 pages. Submitted.
5. Ben Arous, G., Mei, S, Montanari, A. and Nica, M. The landscape of the spiked tensor model.
Preprint arXiv:1711.05424, 40 pages. To appear in Communications in Pure and Applied
6. Nica, M. Intermediate disorder limits for multi-layer semi-discrete directed polymers. Preprint
arXiv:1609.00298, 46 pages. Submitted.
7. Corwin, I. and Nica, M. Intermediate disorder directed polymers and the multi-layer extension
of the stochastic heat equation. Electronic Journal of Probability (2017) 22:149 Available
online arXiv:1603.08168 8. Nica, M. Decorated Young tableaux and the Poissonized Robinson-Schensted process. Stochas-
tic Processes and their Applications, (2017) 127:449474. Available online arXiv:1404.4015 9. Nica, M. Optimal strategy in Guess Who?: Beyond binary search, Probability in the Engi-
neering and Informational Sciences, (2016) 30: 576592. Available online arXiv:1509.03327 10. Funk, J., Nica, M. and Noyes, M. Stabilization time for a type of evolution on binary strings,
Journal of Theoretical Probability, (2015) 28: 848865. Available online arXiv:1210.0444