My lab uses computational intelligence, particularly evolutionary computation, to solve a broad variety of problems from the classification of DNA sequences to modeling epidemiological networks to automatically designing level maps for video games.
I have supervised graduate study in mathematics, statistics, computer science, and bioinformatics. My publications include papers in mathematics, artificial intelligence, art, and biology.
- The problem of efficiently representing problems for evolutionary search.
- Automating the exploration of complex spaces of problems.
- Automatic design of content for games, education, and pedagogy.
- University of Guelph News: CTV Features U of G Research on COVID-19 Vaccine Deployment Strategies
- University of Guelph News: U of G Prof Developing AI System to Prioritize Who Gets COVID-19 Virus Vaccine
- CTV: Ethical dilemma: Who should get a COVID-19 vaccine first?
- Guelph Mercury: U of Guelph prof helping create AI program for COVID-19 vaccinations
- TEDX University of Guelph: Why teach calculus?